Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 9, 2009

    How a cold affects blood sugar levels

    Since Friday afternoon I have had a head cold that has left me exhausted with a stuffed up head, a sore throat and absolutely no appetite. I have been testing very frequently as my sugar levels have been quite high even though I am not eating much. I have not been taking any over the counter medication for the cold symptoms as they tend to increase my blood sugar levels even more than the cold itself.

    Does anyone have any suggestions to ease the symptoms of the cold without the medication that caused a spike in sugar levels?

    I have been testing, drinking lots of water, and have had to adjust my insulin injections a bit to keep my levels in an ok range.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Diabetics Dialogue